You must have seen this a million times before; though it’s too old I still believe it should be useful for those who never heard this trick before. This is for people who use notepad to write down any info on a day to day basis or just like a Diary!
- Open a blank Notepad file
- Type .LOG as the first line of the file, followed by an Enter. Save
the file and close it. [ make sure that you are typing the .LOG in capital letters ]
- Double-click the file to open it and notice that Notepad appends the current date and time to the end of the file and places the cursor on the line after.
- Type your notes and then save and close the file.
- Each time you open the file, Notepad repeats the process, appending the time and date to the end of the file and placing the cursor below it.